March 28, 2014
Burnaby, B.C. – Matt O’Grady, Editor-in-Chief of BCBusiness, is pleased to announce BCBusiness’ first ever list of 30 Under 30 winners.
The concept was well received with hundreds of nominations submitted from across the province. “There’s a lot of talent rising in the ranks right now,” says O’Grady. “Narrowing it down to 30 was a difficult task, but we’re thrilled to have published an exceptional inaugural list of young men and women.”
To celebrate this group of over-achievers, BCBusiness will host its first annual 30 Under 30 event on April 30th at 130 West in Vancouver where attendees can network with tomorrow’s most talented leaders.
The 2014 BCBusiness 30 Under 30 winners are:
1. Adam Woodhouse – Art Director, Invoke Media
2. Amy Dopson – Founder & Owner, PAC 10 Tutoring
3. Andrew Pollard – President, The Mining Recruitment Group Ltd.
4. Andrew Wilkinson – Founder & CEO, Founder & CEO, MetaLab Design Ltd.
5. Ann Makosinski – President & CEO, Hollow Flashlight
6. Annalea Krebs – Founder & CEO, Ethico Solutions Inc.
7. Arnold Leung – Founder & CEO, Appnovation Technologies Inc.
8. Boris Martin – Co-founder & COO, Velofix Holdings Ltd.
9. Brent Hodge – CEO, Hodgee Films Inc.
10. Brittney Kerr – Senior Consultant, Earnscliffe Strategy Group; Political Volunteer
11. Devon MacKenzie – Founder & Director, The Chinatown Experiment
12. Eric Diep – Co-founder, A Thinking Ape Technologies Inc.
13. Hunter MacDonald – President & CEO, Tutela Technologies Ltd.
14. Igor Faletski – CEO, Mobify Research and Development Inc.
15. Joel Primus – President & CEO, Naked Inc.
16. John Boxall – Chief Technology Officer, Mobify Research and Development Inc.
17. Kyle Hagel – Co-founder, Interactive Athletes Corp.
18. Kyle Vucko – CEO & Co-founder, Indochino Apparel Inc.
19. Lisa Fraser – Founder & CEO, Squeezease Therapy Inc.
20. Luke Strimbold – Mayor, Village of Burns Lake
21. Michael Cheng – Company Builder; Founder of Covr, WittyCookie, TEDxSFU
22. Milun Tesovic – Co-founder, MetroLeap Media Inc.
23. Nicholas Molnar – Co-founder, Wantering
24. Rattan Bagga – CEO, New World Natural Foods Inc.
25. Ryan Willms – CEO, Inventory Media Ltd.
26. Ryan Wilson – CEO, Medeo Corp.
27. Sam Chandola – Founder & CEO, Victory Square Games Inc.
28. Trevor Loke – Commissioner, Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation Principal, Trevor Loke Consulting
29. Yael Cohen – Founder & CEO, Fuck Cancer
30. Zach Berman – Co-owner, The Juice Truck
Complete profiles of the inaugural 30 Under 30 winners can be found in the April 2014 issue of BCBusiness, on newsstands now. Event tickets and nominations for 2015 can be found at BCBusiness.ca/30Under30.
30 Under 30 Event Information
The Inaugural BCBusiness 30 Under 30 Event will be held on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 from 5:30-7:30 PM at 130 West (Loungeworks), located at 130 West 4th Ave in Vancouver. Early bird tickets are on sale for $79 until April 1st and can be purchased at BCBusiness.ca/30under30.
Published for more than 40 years, BCBusiness is British Columbia’s foremost business authority and the most widely read business publication in the province. Focusing exclusively on business in British Columbia, BCBusiness provides unparalleled behind-the-scenes coverage, chronicling major deals and putting faces to the major players. BCBusiness is published by Canada Wide Media Limited, the largest independent publisher in Western Canada.