CANADA WIDE MEDIA
is western Canada’s largest independent magazine and digital media company.
From our offices in Burnaby, B.C., we publish eight of our own brands and approximately 20 custom titles on behalf of our valued clients.
The Canada Wide Media vision: to connect and inspire people through relevant, engaging and quality content.
Join Our Team
Our Core Values:
- We are confident but humble.
- We are passionate and positive team members.
- We embrace change and seek out new knowledge.
- We are empowered and accountable.
- We are authentic.
Does this sound like you? We employ people in a variety of capacities: sales, circulation, editorial, design, finance and more. Following is a list of current job postings if applicable.
Please direct all enquires to: email@example.com
BCBusiness magazine, Western Canada’s most widely read business media brand, seeks a full-time assistant or associate editor.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated writer-editor who can work as part of a small team, generate and develop story ideas, and manage their time well. Strong print and digital editing skills are required, with an emphasis on attention to detail. Experience with lifestyle as well as business journalism is an asset.
- Helping develop stories and editorial packages for print and online
- Copy editing, fact checking and proofreading
- Writing headlines, captions and other display copy
- Writing features, front- and back-of-book pieces, and other print and digital content
- Assigning and handling freelance stories
- Working closely with the art department
- Helping manage the BCBusiness website and digital newsletter
- Promoting the brand on social media
- Attending company and business events
Key skills and attributes
- Team player
- Highly organized
- Detail-oriented, with an eye for correct spelling, grammar and formatting
- Curious and open to learning new things
- Strong writer and reporter
- Editing and proofreading experience in a print and digital environment
- Experience working with freelance contributors
- Print production experience
- Able to generate story ideas
- Editorial packaging skills
- Able to fill in when a team member is absent
- Digitally savvy
- Visually literate
- Proficient with MS Office, InCopy, PhotoShop, CMS and social media
Qualified and interested candidates please send your cover letter, résumé and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 15, 2022.